“The House that the Women Built” at 850 E South Temple, Salt Lake City. Constructed from 1911-1913. Image courtesy of the Special Collections Dept, J Willard Marriott Library, University of Utah.
On February 13, 1914 the drama club, one of several sections of the Ladies' Literary Club, performed "Birthday Cake," a playlet written by club members at the new club house on So Temple. Image courtesy of Utah State Historical Society.
1910: Only known photograph of a general club meeting, taken in their first club house at 50 S 300 E. This building was sold to purchase the land for their new club house at 850 E South Temple. Image courtesy of Utah State Historical Society
Annual “Blue Tea” celebration. Photograph by Borge B Andersen for the Salt Lake Tribune. Year unknown.
Members of the LLC, year unknown. Image courtesy of Preservation Utah.
Historic Timeline of the early days, quoting Eliza K Royle, First President of the LLC in 1877.
Photograph of painting of first Club president Eliza K Royle, historically hung in entry of the Clubhouse.
Learn more about the historic Ladies’ Literary Club by watching this short video made by Preservation Utah (formerly Utah Heritage Foundation) in 2013.